Suitable for production between 300 and 800 t/d.
- Simple process scheme
- Lowest capital expenditure
- Highly automated
The A600 plant scheme is suitable for low-medium plant scale (typical range 300÷800MTD)
The A600 plant scheme differs from the conventional (A2000) arrangement in the following ways:
- In the generation stages, only two reactors are required (ATR and MT shift), against the four steps of a conventional scheme (primary and secondary reforming, high- and low-temperature shift).
- In the purification section, the highly automated PSA unit replaces the conventional solvent wash carbon dioxide removal system.
- Overall, the amounts of catalysts and chemicals (e.g. solvent for CO2 removal) are significantly reduced.
The main A600 items are:
- Casale ATR
- Casale synthesis converter
The energy consumption achievable is around 8 Gcal/h.