The M2000C is the process for coal based methanol synloop for capacity up to 3000 t/d with single axial converter.
It is the most advanced methanol synthesis loop equipped with Casale IMC isothermal methanol converter.
The technology is referenced up to 2000 t/d.
In coal-based methanol plants the gasifier is third-party technology. Casale is involved as process licensor in CO shift section, synthesis loop and distillation.
The M2000C is Casale’s process suitable for coal based methanol synthesis loops with capacity lower than 3000 MTD.
The M2000C process design for synloop is based on a single axial steam rising IMC converter with performance enhanced by application of Casale technologies and tailored process solutions.
The main steps, as shown in the block flow diagram, are:
- Synthesis gas compression
- Methanol synthesis
- Hydrogen Recovery Unit
- Distillation (optional)
Embedded Casale’s technologies
The core of M2000C scheme is the Casale’s well-proven and highly efficient technology and proprietary item, namely IMC Converter.
The syngas path through the IMC catalyst bed is axial in countercurrent with water flow.The IMC converter makes use of cooling plates immersed in the catalyst mass for heat removal. The feed water, pumped by recycling pumps, enters through a distributor at the bottom of the plates. It then flows inside the plates from the bottom to the top. The water/steam mixture is collected at the top of the converter.
The M2000C is characterised by high reliability, superior performances, streamlined design for cost effectiveness and reduced environmental impact. The design can be customized to specific Client’s needs and integrated with downstream distillation section.
Casale can include in the design also the distillation section which typically is with 4 or 5 columns (Casale patented technology) depending on the project energy consumption requirements.
The process is extremely flexible and the scheme may be adapted to specific market needs and/or customer requirements. Other distinctive features are:
- The syngas consumption is in the range of 2200-2300 Nm3/Mton
- The saturated steam production is in the range 1.15-1.30 Mton/Mton
- Flexibile to use any first-class commercially available catalyst
- Compact and simple lay-out, with all sections arranged in a way to minimize the overall footprint as well as optimize the connections across the different sections of the plant
- Primary importance is given to the process control, as the safety and reliability of the plant as well as its efficiency and economics depend on it
- Full life-cycle support by means of Casale’s Remote Plant Monitoring and/or Casale’s Customer Care services
- The design can be customized in order to produce a crude methanol optimized for a distillation section with a target of MTG production, MTO grade, Grade A, Grade AA or IMPCA Grade
- Casale can also supply proprietary equipment for the sour-feed CO shift converters