The M3000 is the process for natural gas based methanol plants for production up to 3000 t/d.
Referenced and reliable steam reforming process with synloop equipped with single isothermal converter.
Energy efficiency is up to 7.3 gcal/t
The M3000 is Casale’s process for natural gas based methanol plants with a capacity up to 3’000 MTD. The process is based on the pure steam reforming for syngas generation and on a single IMC methanol converter for synthesis; the performances are enhanced by application of Casale technologies and tailored process solutions.
The main steps, as shown in the block flow diagram, are:
- Natural Gas Desulphurization and Saturation
- Synthesis gas generation through steam reforming
- Heat recovery and cooling
- Synthesis gas compression
- Methanol synthesis
- Distillation (2 or 3 columns depending on energy cost)
Embedded Casale’s technologies
Several Casale’s well-proven and highly efficient technologies and proprietary items are the key underpinnings of the M3000 scheme, namely:
- Casale design of primary reformer
- IMC converter (gas cooled)
The M3000 is characterised by high reliability, superior performances, streamlined design for cost effectiveness and reduced environmental impact. The design can be customized to specific Client’s needs and integrated any downstream unit.
The process is extremely flexible, and the scheme may be adapted to specific market needs and/or customer requirements. Other distinctive features are:
- The product is Grade AA methanol but other specification, like Grade A or IMPCA, can be achieved
- The energy consumption is in the range of 7.3.-7.6 Gcal/Mton (26.5-27.6 MM BTU/Short ton) on LHV basis
- The steam balance can be optimized from zero export to maximum export
- Flexible to use any first-class commercially available catalyst
- Thanks to the saturator column, which allows the distillation bottom water recycle, the demi water net consumption is minimum (lower than 0.6 Mton/Mton of methanol)
- Compact and simple lay-out, with all sections arranged in a way to minimize the overall footprint as well as optimize the connections across the different sections of the plant
- Primary importance is given to the process control, as the safety and reliability of the plant as well as its efficiency and economics depend on it
- Full life-cycle support by means of Casale’s Remote Plant Monitoring and/or Casale’s Customer Care services