The best option for all kind of nitrates fertilizers
Casale can deliver plants to produce any kind of Ammonium Nitrate (AN) based fertilizers such as solid AN, CAN, ASN, etc. Different finishing processes can be adopted such as prilling, granulation and fattening.
Three proven processes are available, namely:
- The prilling process: the simplest and most economical way to produce solid AN
- The Drum Granulation process, suitable to produce, in the same unit, AN, Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN) or Ammonium Nitrate Sulphate (ASN) as larger diameter granules than prills, suitable for modern, wide spreading on fields
- The fattening process is the most economical way to upgrade a prilling unit either to get a granular product and/or to boost the capacity up to three-fold. The capacities achievable range from 5 to 100 MTPH per train
Different fillers can be used, such as limestone, dolomite and clay and different sources such as ammonium sulfate, kieserite and gypsum hemihydrate or anhydrite.
- Proven design and deep experience
- High quality fertilizers produced
- Low internal recycle rate
- Low energy consumption
- Efficient scrubbing system with zero liquid effluent
- Prilling: it is the simplest and least expensive solution to obtain solid AN. The prill size distribution is optimized for technical uses (the mean prill diameter ranges from 1.6 to 2.5 mm)
- Granulation: the same plant can produce AN, CAN or ASN in 3 to 3.5 mm diameter granules
- Fattening: it is the ideal revamping tool to obtain granulated granules from prills while increasing the production up to 3 times